IPAR is the leading provider of occupational rehabilitation services in Australia. Our dynamic team is looking for the next talented individual to join our journey and make a difference through exceptional outcomes for our valued clients.
We are looking for a Senior Psychologist to join our successful team in Townsville. For the right candidate, flexibility around work hours (i.e. full time/ part time/ school hours) will be considered.
Working with people who have sustained a psychological injury, you will be responsible for assessing their needs, then developing and implementing strategies to enable a safe return to work. This position is suited to individuals who promote the health benefits of work. The role is varied and encompasses completing assessments; overseeing return to work plans; supporting clients who are unemployed to secure new employment; as well as adjustment to injury counselling and vocational counselling. As a Senior Psychologist, you will also mentor, coach and support other consultants in their achievement of service delivery standards, excellence in customer service and return to work outcomes.
Like our best performers, you will be a driven and energetic professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will have the confidence to utilise initiative to solve problems and achieve outcomes. Your personable approach will assist to manage stakeholder expectations and to build strong relationships with key customers.
You will also have:
- Registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) (candidates with provisional registration may be considered with relevant experience) or ASORC;
- Allied Health Qualifications in Psychology or Rehabilitation Counselling;
- Previous experience in Occupational Rehabilitation is essential;
- Comcare accreditation and DVA experience is highly desirable;
- A passion for injury prevention, return to work, and the health benefits of work;
- The ability to grow our services and build strong relationships with key customers;
- Current driver’s licence and motor vehicle.
How we support you
IPAR is a lively and supportive place to work. You will work autonomously whilst having the support of a strong team environment. You will also benefit from:
- Manageable caseloads and KPI's;
- Secondary supervision and group supervision for psychologists is offered internally;
- Individually tailored professional development programs;
- Clear career pathways and a ‘promote from within’ culture;
- Secondment opportunities that keep it interesting and challenging;
- A comprehensive induction program, buddy program and workplace mentoring to ensure a great start and ongoing support to excel.
IPAR's future is exciting
Our plans include further geographic expansion and a range of exciting new service offerings. This will mean a continuation of our steady growth and will present our team with new challenges and career opportunities both locally and interstate.
IPAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Encourages Cultural Diversity and Non-discrimination.