An intervention to drive the earliest possible Return to Work.
IPAR‘s early intervention package aims to assist employers, Claims and Case Managers and Return to Work Coordinators achieve an early return to work. The package consists of rapid turnaround, validated assessment of an individual’s main return to work risks and barriers and commencement of the Return to Work plan as soon as possible.
The service is suitable for work-related and non-work related conditions, and includes:
- Timely, regular and systematic contact with all parties (worker, line manager, treating health professional, other relevant stakeholders);
- Interviews, screening and assessment to identify worker’s return to work capacity, risks and barriers, pre-injury duties and available suitable duties;
- Development and distribution of initial return to work plan, along with recommended progression to pre-injury duties;
- The provision of employer education and documentation regarding obligations and ongoing return to work management plan;
- Case conference with treating health professional to obtain an upgrade in capacity if required;
- Completion of report and discussion with employer and referrer regarding requirement for ongoing assistance.